Friday, December 31, 2010

Fresh Starts - New Year

Well, it's that time of year again.  Time to make New Year's Resolutions that I probably won't keep and a few that I will definitely decide to accomplish.

To accomplish a goal, you have to set a deadline, design the steps to get there and break it down in to parts that can easily be accomplished.  I get that.  But I've also learned that the goals that I should accomplish (lose weight) are not the ones that I'm motivated to achieve.  So this year, I've decided that I'm going to set goals that will be fun for me.

First goal, knit my husband a pair of socks for every day of the week.  After all, he really does like my hand knit socks and he deserves a little fiber love for all the time he spends listening to my endless conversations about wool, patterns, etc.

Second, spin enough of my new white wool roving  to make 3 skeins of lovely yarn for my first dyeing project.  I love the look of hand-dyed yarn and envy all of those talented individuals that make the lovely fiber that I lust after each time I cruise the web.

Clear out my yarn stash.  I like many fiberholics I can't resist a soft, fluffy, squishy bundle of yarn.  How will I clear out my stash, well Christmas 2011 is coming.

Finally, weave a scarf on my Spencer rigid heddle loom.  For those weaving experts out there, I realize that my little loom is classified as a toy; but, I've figured out a way to get a nice tight weave that will make a lovely scarf.

So, now that I've written down those goals/resolutions.  I guess I'd better get down to organizing the steps to get them done.  Yes, I'll suffer periods of time where the goals will be ignored or I'll wonder why I set myself up for failure.  But, can a fiberholic among us really say that these resolutions aren't worth the price?  Let the suffering begin :)

1 comment:

  1. *Gasps* Your husband actually is listening to you when you ramble about yarn and knitting stuff, mine just gets this blank look on his face when I start! Though I have to admit he does know what Casting On/Off is and Ripping and I think a few others that he has a habit of throwing out randomly. Fewer then none does what I say about knitting and yarn actually gets registered in the husband's brain. *lol*
    Good luck on the Goals, I have a few of my own for this new year and trying not to add more projects to the list is challenging. I'll be with you on the loosing weight resolution, I'll be getting back to a routine of going to the gym once I get over this cold we both have here.

    ReplyDelete